Help: Windows has Detected an IP Address Conflict
Written by Alan Thursday, 15 September 2011 07:00
It’s an error message that every Windows user sees sooner or later – “Windows has detected an IP address conflict”. Fortunately, it’s usually easy to solve. Windows users are no strangers to errors and conflicts, but it is getting better – at least we no longer deal with sound and modem protocol conflicts.
Most of the time it’s a very simple error – it means your router has lost connectivity. To solve this, simply disconnect your router, wait 5-10 second and then reconnect. If this doesn’t solve the issue, then you will have to move on and try other solutions.
Theo try next step is to try releasing and renewing the IP address of the computer that is having the problem. Open the Command Prompt by clicking Start => All Programs => Accessories => Command Prompt.
Type the following commands:
ipconfig/release – click Enter
ipconfig/renew – click Enter
Failing this, then you will need to roll up your sleeves and get into Windows’ innards. It’s not too difficult, you don’t need to be computer geek to handle this, but you do need to follow instructions explicitly (These instructions are courtesy of TechGuy.org) .
1. Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet.
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Manage network connections.
5. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows says it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
7. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
9. Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
10. Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
11. Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
12. Click Close to close the Control Panel window.ou are still having problem then try doing a Google search
13. Restart your computer
Walk through these instructions in order and you should resolve your IP issues. If you have further issues, then we recommend doing a search online for the exact problem and you are likely to find another user who has had the same issue and found a way to overcome it.