Get Video Podcasts in Media Center With Media Browser
Written by Alan Monday, 25 October 2010 08:00
There are several methods for getting video podcasts integrated into Windows Media Center. This one may not be the simplest, but it provides what is, arguably, the most seamless integration. If you would like to use Media Browser for more than just podcasts (it also can control your movie library), then this will be simple. If you only want to get video podcasts, then you will also need Media Center Studio. I prefer the latter, as I like My Movies to control the movies and I don’t want to see any of the other Media Browser functions.
2. Once installed, click Start => All Programs => Media Browser => Media Browser Configuration Tool.
3. From either the Basic or Advanced modes you can click Podcasts => Add.
4. Once you have added the podcasts you want you can can the Media Browser Configuration Tool.
5. Now click Start => All Programs => Advent => Media Center Studio.
6. Under Start Menu click to uncheck the box next Media Browser.
7. at the bottom of the screen click Entry Points. Drag the Video Podcasts under Media Browser in Entry Points to the Picture + Videos menu (or wherever you want to add it).
8. Now open Windows Media Center and browse to Pictures+Video (or wherever you chose to place your video podcasts) and you should see the entry, which you can click and now choose which video to play.
That’s all there is to it. It’s not too complicated, and if you want to use Media Browser to it’s fullest then it’s even easier because you can skip the Media Center Studio part of all of this.